Our Little Family...

Our Little Family...

Monday, September 1, 2008

We went to the Griffith Observatory

Kyle took last Sunday off from work so we could go spend the day together. And being the total tourist that I am I made him take me up to Griffith Observatory (I don't think I've ever been there, unless I went when I was a kid). We started our day by having lunch at BJ's and then headed to L.A.. The observatory is really nice and the view from up there is amazing! It may look really smoggy in the pictures but believe it or not some of it is the fog coming in. We walked around the museum, stood outside with a couple of sodas and watched some deer play on the hillside for a little while, I took tons of pictures, and then we went and watched "Centered In The Universe" in the Planetarium.

downtown Los Angeles

inside the observatory

I made Kyle pose for a picture (can you tell how thrilled he is hahahaha)

the humongous telescope at the observatory

a tribute to James Dean
(for those of you that don't know parts of Rebel Without A Cause was filmed up at the observatory)

this was the only celebrity we saw in L.A. "BAMBI"


the Hollywood sign from the observatory




No comments: