Our Little Family...

Our Little Family...

Monday, November 3, 2008

"Buddy Walk" - Down Syndrome Association of Orange County



All for this little guy!



Yesterday I was honored to be a part of the Down Syndrome Association's Buddy Walk 2008. It took place at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, CA. from 9am-2pm. What a humbling experience. Some of you might of read previous posts about my friend Tana, her & I have been friends for years. Last May Tana had her second child, a little boy named Ace, Ace was born with Down Syndrome. Last year Tana & I did the Susan G. Koman breast Cancer walk/run, this year we thought it would be appropriate to raise money for a cause that hit a little closer to home so we decided to "Buddy Walk" in honor of ACE!!!! This was our first year being part of the DSAOC Buddy Walk, but definitely not our last! Our team as a whole raised $1700.00 dollars!


I would personally like to thank Heather Saeman, Karen Sanford, Gail Brenner, Heather Albright, Cindy Dahlquist, Pam Seiersen, Donna Johnson, Kathy Block, Leslie & Lee Bonifay for their pledges. I can't express to each of you how much your donations mean to me, your generosity is definitely heart felt.


Angel Stadium

"I love this face!"



"Team Ace" is at the top of the list (can you see it?)


The begining of the walk (GO TEAM ACE!!!!)


Ace's big sister Alexa


Tana and the cool banner she made for "Team Ace"


Ace and his Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the cutest face ever!! With a super mom like Tana and a friend like you Ace has it made. I'm proud to call you "Friend".
Love you,
Pam

Amanda said...

OHHHHH!!!! I'm so proud of you! You are such a great friend!