Our Little Family...

Our Little Family...

Thursday, October 23, 2008

dinner with one of my favorite people

Last night I had dinner with my cousin Melissa, she just turned 20 years old last month. Melissa, or Missy as her friends would call her, is one of my most favorite people in the world! She's one of those people you just love to be around, she makes me laugh every time I'm with her. Melissa is actually my second cousin, but she's feels more like my niece. And even though there is a 10 year age difference we get along very well. I love her so much and I'm so proud to call her "family". She's a good listener, strong in her faith, a wonderful friend, and all around a great person! I just wish there were more people in this world like her, everyone should have a "Melissa" in their life. It doesn't matter how bad of a day you've had she can always make you smile and forget about everything else. She's mature and wise beyond her years, and she's growing into this beautiful woman. She makes me want to be a better person, her "spirit" is contagious! As I sit and write this I feel like I can't explain exactly what kind of person she is, there isn't words to describe how she shines. Don't get me wrong she's not "perfect" by any means, but pretty darn close!

"I love you Melissa, thanks for dinner!"

No comments: