Our Little Family...

Our Little Family...

Saturday, August 1, 2009

I can feel the baby move!

I'm sixteen weeks pregnant, all the books say you might be able to start feeling the baby move by now. Ever since I found out I was pregnant I lay in bed at night with my hands on my stomach, the other night I felt the little "flutter" in my lower abdomen. I've been able to feel it every night since. It's been pretty exciting! I'm still struggling with the heart burn, nauseousness, head aches and everything else that comes along with pregnancy but I've just come to the realization that I won't feel "normal" again until after the baby is born, so I've just learned to live with it.

babycenter.com:
How your baby's growing:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.




2 comments:

Lashelle said...

U are getting to the best part of being pregnant!! Feeling the baby move...I loved it! How exciting! Hang in there...it may not be too much fun right now but it is all worth it in the end!!:)

ashley.84 said...

wowwww...that is creepy. lol jk that must have been weird at first though and very exciting at the same time!!! yay baby!!! =] i miss you =[