Our Little Family...

Our Little Family...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Surprise / Last Minute Trip!

Towards the end of June Kyle came home from work after having a rough shift and said "I requested time off, let's go up to your parents house". So within three days we got everything packed and found someone to look after the cat & fish and we headed for Washington. We didn't tell anyone we were coming so you could only imagine how surprised my parents were when we pulled into their driveway on a Sunday evening after driving for 2 days. They were soooo excited to see us! We stayed up there for a week and a half. My brother and his family came up (they live in Oregon) for the 4th of July, we got to surprise them too! We all had a wonderful time. Kyle and I got to go out for a "date night" one night, we went to dinner at this restaurant over looking the harbor, then went to watch the whales. Grandpa even watched Rylie one day so everyone could go to the movies. We went on hikes, saw tons of wildlife, relaxed out on my parents deck, went to the beach/tide pools, had dinner at my Uncle's house, went to the 4th of July parade & fireworks in Friday Harbor, and just had a great time! On the way home we stopped in Oregon to spend the night at my Aunt & Uncle's house, it was the first time my cousins got to see Rylie. We had a nice dinner & got to hang out for a while.

We were gone for 13 days. Rylie did sooo good, I was so happy with how well she did in the car! She was stuck in the car for 2 days on the way up and 2 days on the way home (approx. 9-12 hours a day!). She ate, slept and played in the car. Once we got home we didn't put her back in her car seat for a few days :) We are so lucky to have such a good little girl!



It was Rylie's 1st 4th of July, she liked the fireworks. I have more pictures from the parade that I will post once I get them from my Mom...

1 comment:

Lashelle said...

Julie that is awesome!! Surprise visits are always the best!! Looks like you had a great trip.